To obtain a driving licence B in the Netherlands, you need to follow a series of steps. Here’s a general outline of the process:
- Theory Exam: Start by studying the traffic rules and regulations. You can find study materials in English and practice exams online or purchase them from bookstores. Once you feel prepared, schedule an appointment to take the theory exam at CBR (driving examination centre).
- Choose a driving school: Find a driving school in your area for the driving lessons. The number of lessons required can vary depending on your skills and experience. It is advisable to take lessons from a certified driving instructor who can guide you through the process and help you become a safe driver.
- Medical Examination: Fill the health statement which you can find at CBR website.
- Practical Exam: Once you have gained sufficient driving experience, your driving school will help you schedule a practical driving exam. The exam typically includes demonstrating your driving skills on various road types and in different traffic situations. The examiner will evaluate your ability to follow traffic rules, use appropriate techniques, and respond to different scenarios.
- Application: If you pass both the theory and practical exams, you can apply for your driving license at the municipality (gemeente) where you are registered. Visit the municipality’s office and submit the necessary documents, including your exam certificates, proof of identity, and a passport-sized photograph. You also need to pay an application fee.
- Issuance of the License: After submitting your application, the municipality will process your request. Once approved, you will receive your driving license by mail.
For more information regarding the driving licence, please contact us!